This month We unveil Allan Masengere AKA Shortcut Sojah a very talented young artist.
1: Which international artist do you admire?
2.What inspired you to join music?
I have a good hearing sense, so since I was young I enjoyed the feeling,the groove that music would bring .So the inspiration is in the music itself.
3.Which of your songs is your favorite?
4.What do your spend most of your time on?
Funny but social media takes most of my time and writing lyrics.
5. How many songs do you have?
Not quite sure but they are more than 30 if am not mistaken.
6. How do you describe your style?
If you mean style in music, am versatile, I do almost all of them.
7. What is your worst/best buy?
Worst, are my green timberland boots, best is my ghost face buckle belt, I love it.
8. Which artist would you love to collaborate with, both international and local?
International would be Koshens and local, Spice Diana.
9. What kind of music do you listen to?
I love listening to reggae and a bit of slow music.
10. How would you like to be remembered?
11. Advise to young artists like you out there?
Patience and hard work is essential in order to break through.
12. Did school groom you musically?
I would say yes because I can write lyrics for myself and sing perfectly in English.
13. What is your opinion about the music industry in Uganda?
There are many challenges in the industry eg; competition,grudge,discourage and many more evils, but if we can work together like for example the western countries do, then we can have our dreams come true.
14. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I think I’ll be adored by many people both local and international.
15. What bad habits do you want to break?
People who just gamble with music.
16. Any life lessons?
Nobody owes you anything,no one feels the pain inside you,everyone is on his or her own.
17. What do you owe yourself?
I surely owe myself alot sincerely speaking.
18. What inspired your stage name?
It’s my uncle Bebecool that gave me that name. I think he saw a shortcut in me,and we yet to see it, time will tell.
19. What would you ever regret not doing?
Cheating on my girl friend because whenever I would try am caught hahahaha.